Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happy 63rd, Dad!




My thoughts are about my dad today. He would be turning 63. Happy Birthday to my father, friend and hero. A gentle giant that helped make my life extraordinary and taught me among other things that real men not only go to church and aren't just Sunday Christians, but live the right life between the sermons. I'll listen to some Beach Boys today in your honor as I remember you standing at your work bench with your 64 Pontiac behind you and always willing to have a catch or tell stories about growing up in Missouri. Your granddaughters send their love as do I. Life is not the same without you, but will see you soon in another. So in the  name of Sam Harry and Richard (whoever they are)...

                              Happy Birthday! Love you and miss you!

   Larry N. Graybill
   1951-2005




No comments: