Sunday, August 31, 2014

For Rob

Yesterday marked the third anniversary of my cousin Rob's death. He had his struggles here on Earth, but I like remembering what is written on my dad's grave..."Earth has no wounds, that Heaven can't heal." He's with his father in Heaven right now and for that I rejoice. The song by U2, One Tree Hill, is a song that has always been dedicated to their friend, Greg Carroll, a friend of the band that lost his life too soon. When I heard of Rob's death, this song played over and over in my head. The one line, "I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky," had and still has a powerful effect on me. To me, it means, "I'll see you in heaven." And as I write, I think about seeing Rob again and the loved ones that I lost, and I get choked up. Yes, out of sadness, but also of the resounding joy in the truth that God keeps His promises.

Rob, You were loved. You are missed. 

"...When the stars fall..."

Ryan


No comments: