Monday, September 22, 2014

Dear Grandma

The following is a letter written by wife for her dear Grandma Penny that died three years ago today. Get some tissues. We miss you, Penny!




Just in case the image above didn't turn out...here's the letter as well.


Dear Grandma,
Three years ago was one of the hardest days of my life. I found out that you had left this earth. I knew you were in a better place. I knew God's loving arms were welcoming you to his kingdom. In that moment, I closed my tear filled eyes and recalled saying the Lord's Prayer with you on the top of a mountain. I miss you so very much. I miss your encouragement, I miss your phone calls, I miss your visits and picking you up from the airport, anxiously awaiting a week of fun. I cling to those wonderful childhood memories that make me smile, make me laugh, and make me cry because I miss you. I cling to memories of you holding my girls, shopping for hours on end with me, Olive Garden lunches, and trips to our favorite spot on earth.. the beach. I love you Grandma . I miss you so much. I like to think of heaven as an endless beach where I can put my toes in the sand and walk with you hand in hand. Raising a small class of Coke today in memory of you. Xoxoxoxox



No comments: