Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Elf Letters at Midnight: Night of the Eleventh

For the last couple of years, beginning on the first of December, Elves from the North Pole have visited our home. While my family and I are...nestled (sorry, couldn't resist) in our beds, the elves with very peculiar and interesting names frolic downstairs dropping off little tiny gifts for the girls. Before leaving, they always have written a letter (usually hand-written) addressed just for the girls. Taking advantage of the opportunity, they don't fail to mention the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of family. The girls are always very excited about the letter and of course the little gifts that that the Elves leave behind.

Following are the letters they have written.

December 11, 2014

Good morning, Girls!

I used your parent’s printer and your daddy’s computer to type this…think that’s okay?
How are you? Boy, I’m excited! Christmas is SOOOO close! So close in fact, I can smell the presents under the tree. Did you know Elves can smell funny things? We can! I am especially good at smelling the stockings that are hung by the chimney with care. There’s a downside to having such a good sense of smell. Sometimes the elf that works next to me doesn’t always take his bath and he smell like poo-poo.

So, what are your favorite things to do this time of year? Do you like baking cookies? Do you like singing carols? Do you like watching Christmas movies? I do! I really, really do! But I also love going to church on Christmas Eve and being with family.

We are so proud of you girls…I bet all the elves say that, huh? But, it’s true, we are. Madison and Bailey, you both are reading so well. And Sophie, you are so smart too…we love that you love books! We listen in sometimes and just laugh our pointy ears off at the things you girls say.

Well, as wonderful as things are, sometimes we still make some yucky choices, don’t we? I know I do. I made a bad choice the other day. I got mad at another elf because I wanted to make the toy she was making. But, I said I was sorry and she forgave me. You know, it’s important to remember that bad choices don’t mean you’re a bad person. Make sure you always remember that. It just means we’re not perfect. Everybody messes up sometimes. Can you girls do me a favor? Can you think of something that you could do better at and really try your best to not do it? It could be how we say things or biting nails or being loud or anything. I think it’s important to work on things like that. It makes us better people and I think it makes God happy too.

I could write to you all night. I just love you girls so much. Be kind to one another and always speak with love. Merry Christmas!

Love,
Rainbow Slider, Sleigh Master and Bah Rump Pum Pum Pum


P.S. Hope you like the gifts so far. Remember giving is better than getting J

No comments: