Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Elf Letter at Midnight: Night of the Twenty-third

For the last couple of years, beginning on the first of December, Elves from the North Pole have visited our home. While my family and I are...nestled (sorry, couldn't resist) in our beds, the elves with very peculiar and interesting names frolic downstairs dropping off little tiny gifts for the girls. Before leaving, they always have written a letter (usually hand-written) addressed just for the girls. Taking advantage of the opportunity, they don't fail to mention the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of family. The girls are always very excited about the letter and of course the little gifts that that the Elves leave behind.

Following are the letters they have written.


December 23, 2014

Good morning, girls! I hope you liked your gifts this morning. We thought you deserved something a little extra special. Remember to share. Our things are ours to share. I believe your daddy has the same rule. J You girls did a great job playing well together yesterday. The three of you will undoubtedly grow up to be very best friends with each other. I’m very close to my brothers and sisters. Sometimes we have our disagreements, but in the end we love each other very much.

Oh!! I have great news! Your mommy should be getting a very special email today. So be good so she’ll show it to you. And you are such angels helping her make cookies yesterday. I saw them too! They look absolutely YUM! But I didn’t take anyI wanted to save them for you.

And what’s this I hear about you going to see the Big Guy tomorrow?! That’s wonderful! I bet you already know what you are going to wear! 

And that’s not the only thing exciting happening. I hear you have one of your uncles visiting too! So nice to have family aroundwouldn’t you agree?

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve…and I’m so excited! I can hardly sit still! I’m jumping for joy! I’m leaping for the Lord! I’m shouting from the mountain tops! Christ is Born!

Merry Christmas, girls! We love you and are so proud of you.

Love one anotherthat’s from the Bible, you know.

Love,

Matthew, Isaiah and Luke 

(We were all named after the books of the Bible that tell the Christmas story!)

No comments: