Saturday, December 20, 2014

Elf Letters at Midnight: Night of the Twentieth

For the last couple of years, beginning on the first of December, Elves from the North Pole have visited our home. While my family and I are...nestled (sorry, couldn't resist) in our beds, the elves with very peculiar and interesting names frolic downstairs dropping off little tiny gifts for the girls. Before leaving, they always have written a letter (usually hand-written) addressed just for the girls. Taking advantage of the opportunity, they don't fail to mention the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of family. The girls are always very excited about the letter and of course the little gifts that that the Elves leave behind.


Following are the letters they have written.

December 20th 2014

Feliz Navidad, Graybill Girls! That’s Merry Christmas in Spanish!

We heard lots of laughter last night coming from this home. It was great to see you having so much fun with such good friends! Woodrow Wilson once said that friendship is the only thing that will hold the world together. Always cherish your friends because ones that are true will always be there for you.

I hope you like your little gifts today. I was hoping that you could write something in them about Christmas or just maybe make a journal entry about spending time with friends. You could even draw a picture of something that has special meaning to you…especially at Christmas time. I think I will do the same thing when I get back to the Pole. My special thing will be easy to write down and draw. I’m going to draw a picture and write about my family.

Before I was old enough to help make toys and do other odds and ends around the Pole, I remember waking up Christmas morning. My mom would have a special breakfast and my dad would have a fire going and then he’d spend the rest of time filming Christmas morning. The tree would be lit up and holiday music softly playing in the background… easily muffled out by the sound of presents being unwrapped.

But it wasn’t the presents, the music, the fire or the food that made that day special. It was family. We all would be excited about what each other got…never jealous. Always happy. Because sometimes you don’t get what other people get, right? And that’s okay because it’s about being with the people that love you the most.

Sooooooo busy! I hate to go, but I have a long list of things to finish before breakfast.

Merry Christmas, Girls!

Love,

Ziggy Zap Zap, Wonka & Berfday

No comments: