Friday, December 26, 2014

Elf Letters at Midnight: Santa's Note

For the last couple of years, beginning on the first of December, Elves from the North Pole have visited our home. While my family and I are...nestled (sorry, couldn't resist) in our beds, the elves with very peculiar and interesting names frolic downstairs dropping off little tiny gifts for the girls. Before leaving, they always have written a letter (usually hand-written) addressed just for the girls. Taking advantage of the opportunity, they don't fail to mention the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of family. The girls are always very excited about the letter and of course the little gifts that that the Elves leave behind.

Following is the note Santa wrote before heading out for more deliveries.

December 25, 2014

Well Good Morning and Ho! Ho! Ho! Madison, Bailey and Sophie! So good to be in your home again delivering presents that you deserve so much. My, my how you have grown! I can’t believe all three of you are in school…AND doing so well. Madison, you amaze me at how creative and smart you are. Bailey, your reading has gotten so good and I’m so overjoyed that you are taking ballet! Sophie, I’m proud of how much you like books and how much you like school and so very impressed of how thoughtful you are of others. All three of you have very special gifts and I think you are all very unique, intelligent and extraordinary girls. You amaze me!

What a good year it has been. You have so many things to be thankful for. You have parents that love and adore you and a nice home. You’re lucky to be part of such a wonderful church and also a family full of aunts, uncles, cousins, Paw-Paws and Mimis! What a lot of people you have that love you!

Remember today why it is that we open presents and that the greatest gift of all was the one God gave us through His son Jesus. Show your love of Jesus by enjoying the day and sharing and being kind to your sisters. Also, take a moment to think and pray about all those families and people that don’t have all the wonderful things that you have.

I am so proud of all of you. You really are amazing little girls….er, I mean big girls J Promise me that you’ll always try your hardest and that you’ll listen to your parents, but above all that you’ll keep Jesus in your heart forever and ever. Keep learning about the Lord and spread is love and word.

Merry Christmas, girls! Thank you again for being such wonderfully sweet and adorable children. Your mommy and daddy are so very lucky to have such amazing kids! They love you so much…and so do I!

See you next year!

Love,

Santa Claus       

P.S. Thank you so much for the notes and pictures! I love them! I will make sure the elves get them J

No comments: