Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Student Apology Letters: 001



I usually have students write some sort of letter after they do something stupid. They hate it which is exactly why I do it. Are they really sorry? Will they learn from this and making better choices? Not anytime soon, most likely. They know what they're supposed to write, so they write it - usually as if they have never learned how to construct a paragraph (or a sentence for that matter) - in their entire lives.



Preface: Field Day. One station was set up as more of a rest area where students may have ONE snow cone. Their hands were marked so the teachers serving the cones knew whether or not they had already had one. Of course, some boys, thought it would be funny to take more. By doing so, they left less snow cones for the primary grades who were partaking in field day in the afternoon.

Today I took more than one snowcone at field day. Now the kids after us might not be able to have any. The reason I took more than one is because I didn't care that the kids were not going to get any. Now I know that was a selfish choice. last week I told my teacher I would be mature and not get in trouble for dumb, mean things. I have let my teacher down now I will probably not take part in the fun things at end of the year. The way I did it is I washed my hands and the mark came off. I knew I shouldn't have done it but I did because I was being mean and selfish. Now I regret talking every snow cone I took even the first one. Too make it up to them I think I should apologize to those kids and take the bad things that are coming to me. - N



No comments: