Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Elves are Back: The Second Day of Christmas 2015

For a few years now, elves from the North Pole have stopped in on our little abode starting at midnight on the first day of Christmas. Leaving little trinkets - gum, Hershey Kisses, notepads etc. - but also leaving behind a letter for the girls to appreciate. The appreciation may not register until further down the road, but I have a feeling each letter represents a seed that will either flourish or dry up all depending on how well it's cared for and applied. The letters, while giving some sense of what goes on up north during this hectic time of year, also share anecdotal notes on life as well as the true meaning of Christmas.


Second Day of Christmas:


December 2, 2015

Well, lovely ladies, we are very pleased. We could tell that you made an extra effort to show love yesterday towards your sisters. It’s not so hard is it? And, admit it, you feel good knowing you made someone feel good. Am I right or am I right? Right?

I know one thing for sure and that I am REALLY excited right now.  Do you know why? Do you? Huh, do you? Huh? Huh? Sorry. My apologies. I am just so sooper-dooper-with-a-hundred-loopers excited because it’s…it’s…it’s…CHRISTMAS. It’s the greatest story ever told. And what makes it great is because it’s all true. Think about it…God gave His son…to US! Me and you! I love stories of giving. 

I think there’s a lot of joy in giving. I heard about the three of you making manna bags at your church. That’s really a wonderful thing to be part of. I hope you realize that you really did something amazing by helping out that night at church. I also heard that your parents  were able to pass some out. Which means you were part of giving not just a bag of food, but a bag of hope. We may never know how giving a bag to a homeless person changed them, but God knows that you performed an act of kindness and you should know, and never forget, that that shows how much of a big heart you girls have. You are truly amazing girls and I continue to be amazed by you. Keep showing love and kindness to one another…and keep giving your mommy and daddy hugs and kisses. They LOVE it!

Merry Christmas, Graybill Girls!

Your Elves,


Snowball, Fluffer-Nutter & Boom Chicka Boom Boom

No comments: