Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Elves are Back: The Third Day of Christmas 2015

For a few years now, elves from the North Pole have stopped in on our little abode starting at midnight on the first day of Christmas. Leaving little trinkets - gum, Hershey Kisses, notepads etc. - but also leaving behind a letter for the girls to appreciate. The appreciation may not register until further down the road, but I have a feeling each letter represents a seed that will either flourish or dry up all depending on how well it's cared for and applied. The letters, while giving some sense of what goes on up north during this hectic time of year, also share anecdotal notes on life as well as the true meaning of Christmas.

Third Day of Christmas:


Third Day of December 2015

Good morning, Angels! Did you have sweet, sweet dreams? I wish I did. I actually had sweat dreams. Not the same thing unfortunately.

So, ready for a new day? Each day is a day the Lord has made. Rejoice in all situations. Be glad in the fact that we are loved by our Daddy in heaven.

Anything exciting planned for today? I hear that you’re getting your tree tomorrow. That’s exciting! Do you have any favorite ornaments or any favorite things about decorating? I bet it’s just being with family with Christmas music in the background and just feeling the joy in your hearts. Isn’t this time of season just so amazing and special?! I love it!

I heard you talked with your great-grandfather last night. I love that you call him Paw-Paw. And I know he just adores you girls and loves talking to you on the computer. You are so fortunate to have a great-grandfather. He’s a very special person for sure.

Well the reports are in. You girls did a very good job of showing love to each other. There was some whining and some loudness so I’d like you to work on that, but we elves definitely loved how you helped each other and read together and took turns. That’s what being like Christ is all about…doing things that you know are good choices that make people feel good. Because then you feel good. Then everybody feels good. Then everything is just…good! J

Well, time to go. Rudolph said he’ll take me flying today. Can’t wait! Work hard for me today. We love you girls and are so super proud of you. You are special and important.

Merry Christmas!

Your Elves,


Shahm a Lama Ding Dong, Frostina and Snowflake

No comments: