Sunday, February 7, 2016

Crashes

Here is a poem I just now came across that I wrote at some point within the last two years. I remember it being more like lyrics to a song, hence the repetition. It was written in a few minutes without editing. Poems are few and far between for me. When I write them it's usually just to get a thought or an idea out of my head so I can move on to the next one.





Woke to a sun filled day
Had no idea it'd be the day
I lost my way
I lost my way

On my way down the path
Unknown to me
I found a rock
Built a house
Waited for rain
Waited for rain

Then the crashes came

Crashes of lightning
Crashes of rain
Crashes of those who are losing their way
Losing their way

I sat with them in the rain

Thunder overhead
Fires drowned our hearts
Promises made
To find our way
To find our way

Another morning
Another dawn
House gone, carried by the waves
Rock remained
Rock remained

Then more crashes came

Crashes of memories
Crashes of lost loved
Crashes of things unchanged
Of things unchanged

Built a house
On the rock that remained unchanged
Packed my bags
Headed out into hope
Headed out into hope

On my back
Fears hung on
Only until faith appeared
Until faith appeared

Then the crashes came

Crashes of forgiveness
And undying love
Crashes of me
That I walked a way from
Crashes into you
Crashes into you

Back to the rock
Feelings that I never left
Sat in the rain
Let it cleanse me clean
Grabbed her hand
Stood her up
On my shoulder she walked
Until she could walk

By the river
Sun soaked sky
Waited for her crashes to come
Then the crashes came
Then the crashes came

And my way was no longer lost
No longer lost
No longer lost

No comments: