Thursday, February 4, 2016

Happy 38th, Angie!

When I think of you, I thank God for you. The amount of gratitude I feel for having you in my life cannot be expressed in poetic words or inspiring songs. There are some things in life that go beyond our comprehension and understanding and we just have to heed to the desire of wanting to just step back in awe of how marvelous certain things are and just stare and be overcome with thankfulness, peace and a joy I’m so fortunate to have. I have all that with you, my love…my beautiful wife. To say I am amazed by you doesn’t begin to blaze the trail that I would travel just to be in the company of your gentleness, your grace, your angelic aura that is witnessed and felt by anyone who spends less than a moment with you.

I am a lucky man and I’ll shout it to the world if I have to because everyone should hear it because then they will inquire about my said fortune. That’s when I tell them about you. I would tell them when I fell in love with you, but more importantly why…which goes beyond those gorgeous eyes. I would tell them about the dreams we made up under that magnificent, mountainous starry sky. I would tell them how some of those dreams changed, but only because God had a different plan. I would tell them that I don’t care what changes come our way. You’re the dream I captured…rather, you’re the dream that captured me. Captured my heart that led you down the aisle, that led us to becoming a family. And I would want no one other to be the mother of my daughters. Your love and grace you model for them serves as a catalyst for the strong, amazing women that they are becoming.

When I think of you, I thank God for you because for you to be the last person I see before I sleep and first person I see when I awake makes me a very blessed man. For that I am forever grateful. Dreams fade quickly, but only the ones when eyes are closed. You, my love, are my eyes-wide-open dream.


Happy 38th! I love you!

-Ryan

No comments: