Monday, December 12, 2016

Elf Letters 2016: Night Eleven

For the last several years, Elves - with very interesting names - from the North Pole have come to visit our home beginning at midnight on the first day of December. They leave little trinkets for each of our daughters, but more importantly they leave a letter for them to read each morning. The great thing about the letters, that I've come to realize and appreciate, is that they each serve a purpose. They are not just quickly written notes on Post-its, but instead are filled with the importance of family, the real meaning of Christmas and a reminder of how special and beautiful (and fortunate) they each are. I look forward to their visits as much as the girls do.


Decembe 11, 2016

Good morning and Happy Sunday, GORGEOUS Graybill girls! This IS a day created by our heavenly father. Let’s REJOICE!

I am always thankful for a new day. How about you? It sounds like you had an exciting day YESTERDAY going to see a live nativity and some very COOL lights. I think it’s great that there are people out there that are willing to DO all of that work just to PROVIDE a little joy to others that have come to witness and appreciate their work. Reminds me of the WISEMEN that traveled so FAR to come see the LIGHT of the world. All that walking was hard work, but all worth it.

One of my FAVORITE bible verses is, “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Every WORD that Jesus spoke was either a lesson to apply to our life or a PROMISE. I don’t know about you, but I like being promised that I’ll never walk in darkness.

Speaking of light, I wish you could come see us at the North POLE. There are so many LIGHTS strung over chimneys and sidewalks and around every light post that you can’t help but be reminded  that EVERY single one of them represents the true light that is strung around our hearts. The true light that is reason we celebrate not just Christmas, but every day. What a REASON to rejoice!

How about something different today? Remember those tablets we left for you? Have you been using them? Well, if not, you’re GOING to have a reason to start. Do you know what a writing prompt is? It’s also called a STORY starter. We’re going to give you a story starter and we want each of you to finish the story. Now, Sophie, I know this may be harder for you, but I bet your DADDY would love to help you. Have fun with it and leave it out for us so we can READ them. We can’t wait!

Here it is:  Right before I got in bed, I decided to take one last look outside the window at the snowman I had built that day. Something was different. He still had the red scarf around his neck and think branches for his arms. But I couldn’t figure out what was different. Then, I saw it! My snowman smiled at me.

Have FUN finishing the story!

Here’s a letter for our ABCs that were started before we head home. SANTA is starting to get a little anxious so he’s given us a curfew.

I              For ICICLES extending down from water spouts
                For ICE skating on frozen ponds or lakes way past dusk, closer to dawn
                For stars so far away that ILLUMINATE the midnight sky
                For cookies topped and smothered with ICING that are passed out among
friends, creating memories that will be shared the same time next year

Alrighty, girls! I hope you enjoy your time at CHURCH and the rest of day with each other. Remember love and kindess!

MERRY Christmas! We love you!

Your Elves,

S’more, Candy Cane and Halo

No comments: