Sunday, March 20, 2022

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Slice of Life: Day 20

While the major league teams are getting their bodies in shape for a long season, I, too, am working on getting my body ready for another summer of yard work, which I enjoy. After today’s objective – starting a flower bed on the opposite side of our front walk, my body is sore from wrists to shoulders. It takes all but a minute for my muscles to tighten when I sit down. Undoubtedly, my back will feel today’s strain in the morning. Oh, well. It was a beautiful first day of spring to make the front yard a little bit more, well, beautiful.

My post is about today’s quote: Bloom where you are planted. It’s a great quote to reflect upon, although it may not be something you want to hear while you’re struggling where you are. However, it’s important to be our best selves in all situations, as all situations, with the right mentality, prepare us for whatever comes next. Opportunity knocks whether there's a door or not.

As I consider uprooting my teaching skills from elementary school to high school and eventually to college, I need to focus on the here and now – being the best version of myself, despite dealing with micro-managing. If I don’t, I may not inspire and may not be inspired. Besides, I’m not there for them. I am not and will not allow them to define me. It’s a daily challenge many of us face, but there’s a reason they’re called stepping stones and not close-your-eyes-and-take-a-running-leap-off-the-edge stones.

Little by little.

rg

Photo by istockphoto.com


No comments: