Monday, March 6, 2023

Slice of Life: Day 6: Never Stop Learning


I was circling the blacktop today, getting my steps in at recess, when one of my students started spinning the basketball on her finger. Well, she tried. By the time I looked, the ball was rolling across the court. It got me thinking - that's something I'd like to learn. And just like that, today's slice of life.


Things I'd Like to Learn:

  • guitar
  • piano
  • basic handiwork
  • spinning a basketball on my finger
  • Rubix Cube
  • how to get a freelance writing job
  • open/close my pool (and save tons of money)
  • fix most car issues
  • investing
  • the running man
  • write a mystery
  • write a courtroom drama
  • Spanish
  • French
  • hem
  • public speaking
  • poetry (beyond free verse)
  • raise teenagers
  • deal with opposing POVS in a calm hey-it's-okay kind of way
  • Yoga
  • landscape painting
  • photography
  • lacrosse
  • self-defense
  • ballroom dancing
  • convince people global warming is real
  • say the alphabet backward (fast)
  • say the states in alphabetical order (fast)
  • direct a film
  • gardening (beyond the basics of plants needing water, soil and sun)
What's the point of living if you're not learning?
Wish me luck!

rg




1 comment:

Jen said...

I love this and now I'm thinking about my own list. I agree that we should never stop learning!