Friday, May 15, 2020

Baseball: Haiku in Nine Innings

May 15, 2020: Proving that inspiration has no geographical boundaries, my best friend (State College, PA) gave me (Woodbridge, VA) an idea. He was telling me about being inspired to write after jogging passed an empty ballfield. The image stuck. I immediately thought of writing some haiku while grieving the delayed 2020 baseball season. Rather than comment on the idiocy of people thinking COVID-19 is a hoax - yes, you read that correctly - I thought I'd challenge myself to nine innings of haiku.

May 19, 2020: Breaking News...now batting, the DH of creativity, Dustin Brackbill! Dustin is the aforementioned best friend that helped prompt this whole idea. I followed up my inspiration by challenging him to join the game. It had been a while since we've done a writing project together, so he jumped at the opportunity with a thumbs-up emoji. His contribution is the HOME team.

*All images are from www.ballparksofbaseball.com

                 An Ode to the Untimed Timeless Classic


 


    












     













     -r.s. graybill & 
      d.r. brackbill









No comments: